Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of ACHP Connect, our members-only community. To ensure the best possible experience for all, we have established guidelines for your participation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines.
By accepting these terms of service, joining and using this site, you agree that you have
read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
ACHP Connect is the place to network virtually, to pose questions, share helpful information, access news and resources, and register for ACHP events — on a secure, 24-7 platform. To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Common Sense Guidelines and Rules
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a “stupid” question.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Respect the purpose and focus area of each community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide.
- Use caution when discussing topics such as products, pricing, or strategies. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to antitrust laws.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. If we all follow this approach, it helps to ensure that all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
The Legal Stuff
- This site is provided as a service for the members of the Alliance of Community Health Plans (“ACHP”). ACHP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACHP or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ACHP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ACHP and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- ACHP is committed to compliance with all federal and state antitrust laws. In keeping with that commitment, members are reminded that certain topics are not proper for discussion or consideration on this forum. Any action taken to eliminate, restrict, or govern competition among members may constitute a violation of the antitrust laws. If there is any discussion relating to significant factors of competition, an inference may be made that such a discussion is for the purpose of agreeing upon a common course of business conduct. Among the subjects that should never be discussed are fees; prices; costs; delinquency charges or fees; conditions, terms and prices of service; allocating or sharing customers; or refusing to deal with particular or class of vendors. Agreements among competitors relating to any of these subjects may be per se violations of the antitrust laws and can lead to criminal and civil penalties.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- ACHP does not actively undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any posting appears inappropriate or in violation of antitrust laws, ACHP reserves the right to remove any post.
- ACHP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
Only when necessary, we may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.